The Jerzy Konorski Team Award
The Jerzy Konorski Team Award for the best study in neurobiology conducted in Poland is awarded every year on the initiative of the PNS and Committee of Neurobiology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. The Award Committee comprises representatives of the Executive Committee of PNS and the Bureau of the Committee of Neurobiology, designated by both these bodies.
Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award for outstanding studies submitted to the PNS Congress is awarded biennially by the Executive Committee of PNS. The winner is invited to deliver a short lecture at the Congress. The Award Committee comprises members of the Society elected by the Executive Committee.
Current call for Young Investigator Award is announced with the deadline for applications set on 11th of June. See below how to proceed.
- Young Investigator Award is given in recognition of outstanding scientific work in any area of neuroscience to a PhD student under 30 years of age at the deadline of nomination.
- Candidates must be Polish Neuroscience Society members working in a Polish research institution or university and must register and submit an abstract for upcoming PNS Congress.
- Individuals may apply themselves or be nominated by fellow neuroscientists.
- After registration to PNS Congress, the following documents have to be sent via email to email@example.com:
- CV of the applicant, with the short statement on the most valuable achievement.
- A STRUCTURED ABSTRACT (Introduction, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions) submitted to the Congress, describing the novel data which were not published yet.
- Letter of recommendation from the Promotor/Co-promotor of the PhD thesis.
Adolf Beck award
PNS established the Adolf Beck Award to honor researchers for significant achievements in the field of neurophysiology, with particular emphasis on research conducted using electrophysiological methods. Award recipients receive te statue with a bust of the award’s patron and the maxim by Horace “Sapere auso” – to one who dares to be wise.
The first recipient of the Adolf Beck Award, granted in 2017, was Prof. Andrzej Wróbel.
Nagroda im. Edwarda Flataua
PNS established the Edward Flatau Award to honor researchers for significant achievements in the study of morphogenesis, morphology, anatomy and molecular biology of the nervous system. Award recipients receive statues with a bust of the award’s patron and a maxim by Horace “Sapere auso” – to one who dares to be wise.
The first recipient of the Edward Flatau Award, granted in 2019, was Prof. Leszek Kaczmarek.